Monday, August 23, 2010

Homeschool Preschool Area

I love homeschooling my four year old. She attends a speech therapy preschool every Tuesday and Thursday, which starts again next week, but because of her speech delay I try to do extra homeschooling at home. We do circle every morning (on week days), and have fun with themed projects. I will try to post every week our themes and projects.


Here is my circle area where we do colors every day, and shapes. We count and sing days of the week. We read a book that goes with our theme and we do a fun lesson about our theme. My  daughter loves it!



I bought my calendar at Lakeshore Learning Center, it came with calendar, numbers, months and holidays. The crayons I drew and then copied them on to construction paper, laminated and then put on velcro strips so they could be matched to one another. After we match the colors we sing crazy color creatures. Which I colored, backed in matching color construction paper and laminated. The link is below. The shapes I cut out of construction paper, laminated and back with velcro as well. Everything is held on the wall by puddy, including the calendar numbers.

Crazy Color Creatures PDF:
http://virtual.yosemite.cc.ca.us/guerraschmidtp/CrazyColorCreatures.pdf

Shape Cards:
http://www.fisher-price.com/us/ms7/shapes-coloring-pages.asp

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...